- Item 94905 - Portland Water District Douglass Street Meter Shop 1933
- Contributed by Portland Water District
- Item 94905
- 11341px x 9038px - 37.8"w x 30.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Portland Water District
In 1933, the Portland Water District moved its meter shop from its Casco Street office, in Portland to its main facility on Douglass Street in Portland. This photograph shows the interior of new meter shop upon completion.Show Details
The Portland Water District was able to complete the new meter shop with C. W. A. (Civil Works Administration) funds made available by the Federal Government under its plan to relieve the unemployment situation by granting funds to public agencies so that they could complete projects approved by the Federal Relief Authorities.