- Item 82281 - Portland Water District Kennebec Street Garage, 1919
- Contributed by Portland Water District
- Item 82281
- 24169px x 15356px - 80.6"w x 51.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Portland Water District
In 1908 the Portland Water District acquired the Portland Water Company and their shops at 183-201 Kennebec Street in Portland. This photograph was taken outside the garage and shops (which included the meter department and the laboratory) on Kennebec Street and features the Portland Water District's touring cars and trucks, as well as the employees who drove them.Show Details
In 1928, the garage and shops were moved to the newly constructed facility at 225 Douglass Street.