- Item 71810 - Thayer Hospital, Waterville, ca. 1950
- Contributed by Boston Public Library
- Item 71810
- 3285px x 2080px - 10.9"w x 6.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boston Public Library
A Tichnor Brothers postcard of the new Thayer Hospital in Waterville, ca. 1950.Show Details
From 1867 to 1926, Dr. Frederick C. Thayer practiced medicine from his home on Main Street. Following his death, Thayer's home became the original Thayer Hospital and operated for 20 years. The new Thayer Hospital replaced the Main Street location in 1951 and is now (2013) part of the Thayer Campus of Maine General Medical Center.
The caption reads, "Thayer Hospital, Waterville, Maine."