- Item 70011 - Copley-La Reine Hotel and Annexes, Old Orchard Beach, ca. 1938
- Contributed by Boston Public Library
- Item 70011
- 3337px x 2156px - 11.1"w x 7.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boston Public Library
The Copley LaReine Motel was one of many hotels that catered to the summer tourist community in Old Orchard Beach throughout the first half of the 20th century. It was built on the corner of Harrisburg Street in Old Orchard Beach. It opened under 1908 under the name Ye Surf House. In 1926, the hotel was purchased by Mrs. M. Simensky, who added an annex and changed the name to La Reine Motel. The Copley Hotel was built across the street in 1930, and the hotels later merged.Show Details
The caption reads, "Copley-La Reine Hotel and Annexes, Old Orchard Beach, Maine."
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1938.