- Item 66200 - Bangor Airport, Bangor, ca. 1935
- Contributed by Boston Public Library
- Item 66200
- 3346px x 2157px - 11.2"w x 7.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boston Public Library
The caption reads, "Bangor Airport, Bangor, Maine." Begun in 1927 as Godfrey Field, the airport was taken over by the U.S. Army Air Corps prior to the United States entering World War II and named the Bangor Army Air Field. The name was changed to Dow Army Airfield in 1942 and was a main embarkation for military aircraft flying to Europe.Show Details
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1930-1945.