- Item 33857 - Blue Hill Mineral Spring pavilion, ca. 1915
- Contributed by Blue Hill Historical Society
- Item 33857
- 3815px x 2356px - 12.7"w x 7.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Blue Hill Historical Society
The Blue Hill Mineral Spring Company was organized in the fall of 1888 at the site of a well-known mineral spring near the Bucksport Road, north of the village of Blue Hill. At its peak, water bottled at the spring was shipped across the country and the company had offices in cities such as Boston, Philadelphia, and New York. The water was for some time available in Pullman cars in railroads across the eastern United States. The company ceased operations after the main buildings containing the processing equipment burned in November of 1915.Show Details