- Item 31944 - Village panorama, Lubec, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 31944
- 4720px x 3030px - 15.7"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
The Lubec waterfront around 1900 seen from Campobello Island, with School Street cutting a clear swath up the bill. On the right side of the street note the dark-spired Methodist Church. The Congregational Church steeple and facade is visible on the horizon and the Jacob Pike house is to the front and slightly to the left. To the right is the steeple of the church later known as the Christian Temple. All these structures remain as of 2010.Show Details
Left of School Street on the top of the hill is the old Lubec school with its bell tower. To the far right note Mulholland Lighthouse on Campobello Island. The distant land is North Lubec.