- Item 31295 - West Quoddy Head Light, souvenir postcard, 1982
- Contributed by West Quoddy Head Light Keepers Association
- Item 31295
- 5020px x 2847px - 16.7"w x 9.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of West Quoddy Head Light Keepers Association
From 1808 until automation in 1988, West Quoddy Head Light Station was operated by live personnel. A popular tourist attraction from the prosperity following World War II, the Coast Guard made no special provisions for public visitation. However the Office in Charge and the crews welcomed guests as time and regulations permitted This stamped, cancelled souvenir card is one example.Show Details