- Item 26391 - Union Block Stereo View, Thomaston, ca. 1870
- Contributed by Thomaston Historical Society
- Item 26391
- 5400px x 2664px - 18.0"w x 8.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Thomaston Historical Society
In 1857 a three-story building, called the Union Block, was erected, adjoining the west end of the Jordan & Webb block on County Road (now North Main Street.) Built of brick by a number of local business men, one portion was built by Starrett & Starr for cabinet makers’ shops; two stores by Flint & Creighton, with a Union Hall above; a third by B. Webb, two stores with offices and hall above; and a fourth by Oliver Jordan with stores below, and a store and family dwelling above. Messrs. Starr & Wood were the masons. The building still stands today.Show Details
Photographed by E.C. Fernald Looking east on North Main Street.