- Item 25120 - Riverton Park, Portland, 1924
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
- Item 25120
- 4404px x 3391px - 14.7"w x 11.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Riverton Park first opened in 1896 as a trolley destination for the Portland Railroad Company.Show Details
The park closed during World War 1 and reopened under new management in 1923. This view shows the central area of the park and the new amusement rides with the Aeroplane Wings dominating the center, the Dodgem bumper cars, a penny arcade and bandstand in the background.
A ride in the foreground is still under construction.