- Item 11976 - Plan of the Kennebec River describing the Plymouth patent, ca. 1719
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 11976
- 6460px x 7949px - 21.5"w x 26.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
Manuscript map 347 from the Plymouth Company records showing a plan of the Kennebec River describing the Plymouth patent. Land area includes the Kennebec River and lands on the east and west from Casco Bay to Norridgewock.Show Details
Indian grants are listed and well as proprietors' purchases of land. Landmarks include "Rowsick Mills" in contemporary Arrowsic, Brunswick fort, a fort at Job Lewis' residence in Woolwich, Richmond Fort, a fort in Norridgewock and two trading houses on the east side of the Kennebec.
Rivers mentioned include the Kennebec, the Sagadahock (southern end of the Kennebec), Pejepscot River (now Androscoggin), Muddy River, Cathance River, Cobbosseconte River, Abagadasset River and Sebasticook River.
This item is part of a larger archival collection (Coll. 60,) which is completely digitized. To search the entire collection visit our Beyond Borders search page
To learn more about the Plymouth Company or about the Maine Historical Society's Beyond Borders project visit our project website