- Item 102020 - Saco and Pettee Shops and Pepperell Mills, Biddeford, ca. 1910
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 102020
- 4689px x 3021px - 15.6"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
The Saco and Pettee Shops produced textile manufacturing equipment in Biddeford from 1897-1912. The company occupied the former Saco Water Power Company Machine Shops, and after 1912 became the Saco-Lowell Shops. TShow Details
he Saco and Pettee buildings were between the taller Pepperell buildings and the Saco River, along Smith Street; the campus included multiple machine shops, storage buildings, a counting house, foundry buildings and canals. The tall Pepperell buildings included mills, picker houses, boarding houses, and weave sheds.