- Item 101005 - Parson's house, Westport Island, 1907
- Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
- Item 101005
- 4366px x 3339px - 14.6"w x 11.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Westport Island History Committee
John M. Parsons built this house at Rum Cove in the late 1700's. For many years, the house passed through the Parsons' family: first, to John's son, Capt. Norton P. and his wife Prudence Dunton Parsons; then to their son Capt. George P. and his first wife Margaret Rines Parsons and then second wife, Catherine Holman Parsons "Aunt Katy"; then to their son Edwin and his wife Jessie Tanner Parsons; and then to one of their daughters, Ida and her husband Fred Littlewood. One of Ida's daughters and her husband, Marguerite and Stephen Saywell, were the last descendants to own the house.Show Details
In recent times, the house has been restored, and is a summer house.