- Item 9892 - Main Street, Springvale, ca. 1895
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 9892
- 4305px x 3399px - 14.3"w x 11.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
The photo of Main Street in Springvale in the late 1890s shows a grocery store owned by Edmund E. and John W. Goodwin, and, next to it, the residence of Dr. Ivory Brooks, Springvale physician from 1844 until 1892.Show Details
The third building was the home of Charles H. Frost, and later became the Springvale Public Library. The fourth building was the home of his brother, George A. Frost.
The long tenement house to the right of center was owned by S. B. Emery, Sanford businessman who owned much property in the town.