- Item 98691 - Ferry 'Governor Douglas,' Boothbay Harbor, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
- Item 98691
- 2657px x 1955px - 8.9"w x 6.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boothbay Region Historical Society
Built in Essex, Massachusetts, in 1900, the Governor Douglas was 56.6 feet in length. This image shows her leaving Boothbay Harbor, smoke pouring out of her stack.Show Details
In the background can be seen the Pierce and Hartung-Reed Shipyard and cold storage buildings.
The first captain of Governor Douglas was Isaac Archibald. This passenger ferry covered the so-called "triangular run": Port Clyde to Monhegan to Boothbay hauling freight and mail and passengers.