- Item 98491 - Lindsey House, Rockland, ca. 1875
- Contributed by Rockland Historical Society
- Item 98491
- 3563px x 3724px - 11.9"w x 12.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Rockland Historical Society
This half stereo view shows the Lindsey House Hotel on Lindsey Street, near the corner of Main Street. A livery stable is behind it on Lindsey Street. The Lindsey House was built by George Lindsey in 1835, and he soon began operating it as a hotel. It served as a hotel until 1924 when it was purchased by the Camden and Rockland Water Company for offices. It was turned back into an inn in the 1980s.Show Details