- Item 9757 - Quick Lunch Diner, Washington Street, Sanford, About 1910
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 9757
- 4291px x 3382px - 14.3"w x 11.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
This diner stood on the north sid eof Washington Street a few yards from Sanford Square. Its owner in 1913 was George Grant who also worked as a conductor for the Atlantic Shire Line Railway. The railway's terminus at Cape Porpoise, no doubt, was where he obtained his oysters and clams. Note the etched glass windows, the ladder and the wagon behind the diner. An F. C. Leavitt sign is visible overhead. Print from a 5" x 7" glass negative.Show Details