- Item 9709 - Leavitt & Co. Store, Sanford
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 9709
- 4141px x 3474px - 13.8"w x 11.6"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
Leavitt & Co. Store on Main St., Sanford, circa 1892. Before 1910 Leavitt converted this building into a movie theatre which he called the Theatre Comique. St. Ignatius Church purchased the building in 1910, moved it to Wentworth Street and remodeled it into a parochial school and parish hall. Leavitt Theatre (later known as the Capital Theatre) was built on this site the same year. Print from a 6" x 8" glass negative.Show Details