- Item 9708 - Louis B. Goodall Residence and Hotel Sanford
- Contributed by Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
- Item 9708
- 4381px x 3326px - 14.6"w x 11.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Sanford-Springvale Historical Society
This is the west side of Main St., Sanford, south of Sanford Square, 1901.Show Details
One can date this photograph from the Emerson School which is under construction in the distance. The corner stone was laid in 1901 and school opened in September 1902. Only the front portion of the building has been built. The building at right is the Hotel Sanford while the Queen Anne style mansion next to it was the home of Louis B. Goodall. It stood directly across the street from the Goodall Mansion. The hotel was torn down in the 1930s. The Louis B. Goodall residence was demolished about 1945. The trolley tracks belonged to the Sanford and Cape Porpoise Railway.