- Item 96815 - Bell's Garage in Boothbay Harbor, ca. 1930
- Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
- Item 96815
- 4232px x 3035px - 14.1"w x 10.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boothbay Region Historical Society
The owner and employees of Bell's Garage in Boothbay Harbor paused for a photograph some time in the early 1930s.Show Details
They were (left to right) Wendell Barlow, Cecil Pierce, Vance Bell (owner), and Lawrence Lewis.
Like many garages, Bell's had been a stable before automobiles became common. Mr. Bell sold the building around 1954, when he went to work at one of the local shipyards. The new owner, Leon Tibbetts, changed the garage into a restaurant, the Broken Anchor.