- Item 95430 - Boothbay Center School graduates, ca. 1895
- Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
- Item 95430
- 5810px x 4434px - 19.4"w x 14.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boothbay Region Historical Society
Ca. 1890s graduates of the Boothbay Center School posed with their diplomas for this formal portrait.Show Details
They are, left to right, Felicity Barter Bourgett, Lottie Sidelinger Herrin Butler, Velma Blake, Mildred Stover Reed, Ella Boyd McDougall, and Edith Giles.
Their school (with pupils from elementary school through tenth grade) was built in 1877 to replace an earlier school nearby, but in 1912 the town bought and remodeled the Congregational church to be its school. The school building these graduates had studied in went on to have a number of owners and became a garage in the mid-1930s. It remained a garage until it was torn down in 1991 to make way for the new Boothbay town office.