- Item 94904 - Portland Water District Douglass Street Meter Shop, Portland, 1933
- Contributed by Portland Water District
- Item 94904
- 11372px x 8978px - 37.9"w x 29.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Portland Water District
In 1933, the Portland Water District moved its meter shop from its Casco Street office in Portland office to its main facility on Douglass Street. This photograph shows the interior of the new meter shop upon completion.Show Details
The Portland Water District was able to complete the new meter shop with C. W. A. (Civil Works Administration) funds made available by the Federal Government under its plan to relieve the unemployment situation by granting funds to public agencies so that they could complete projects approved by the Federal Relief Authorities.