- Item 9092 - Looking Northerly on Madison Avenue, Skowhegan, ca. 1898
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 9092
- 4231px x 3301px - 14.1"w x 11.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
Looking along Madison Avenue in Skowhegan around 1898.Show Details
"A portion of the Bethany parsonage shows at the extreme right. The next dwelling was the Robbins Homestead, long since removed. The location is now occupied by the home of Ira A. Norton. Just by the end of the car may be seen the Hiram Steward residence. The next dwelling is the George Philbrick homestead (now owned by George W. Gower). Next may be seen the Henry White home, at present owned and occupied by Dr. George E. Young. Then comes a two-story brick house, formerly the residence of W.H Wildes, now occupied by Dr. R. A. Derbyshire and his farther-in-law, Hiram Plummer.
This picture was probably taken about 1898. One of the winters of that period was famous for its severe snowfall.
~ Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views, 1929"