- Item 9084 - South Side of River, Skowhegan, ca. 1870
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 9084
- 3815px x 3598px - 12.7"w x 12.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
"This was probably taken about 1870. Note portion of R. E. Lyon Paper Mill at extreme left. After a somewhat variegated history this was again brought into use for the manufacture of paper about 1910, but was destroyed by fire about 1923 and the lot is at present vacant. At the left, in the distance, the spire of the First Baptist Church (later the Community House) may be seen. At the left also may be noted buildings which then stood on the present location of the Anderson Mills. The dam and nearly all of the structures in this picture have long since disappeared."Show Details
~Roland T. Patten,
Custodian of Historical Views, 1929