- Item 9075 - Kennebec River, above Railroad Bridge, Skowhegan, ca. 1870
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 9075
- 3837px x 3633px - 12.8"w x 12.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
"Observe wooden bridge across South Channel and note that it is slightly arched between piers. One of the houses near elm tree in the distance is probably the residence of Edward B. Curtis, on West Front Street. Another house, just to the right, may be the Sawyer place, at what was afterwards the corner of West Front Street and Turner Avenue. The brick building on the ledges to the right is a foundry and machine shop, at one time occupied by Levi W. Weston.Show Details
~Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views, 1929"