- Item 82176 - Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club, 1910
- Contributed by Boothbay Region Historical Society
- Item 82176
- 4198px x 3355px - 14.0"w x 11.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boothbay Region Historical Society
This early 20th century photograph was taken at the Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club. The decorated boats and finely dressed people suggest that it may have been a holiday, such as July 4th.Show Details
The Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club was first incorporated in 1895, and then again in 1911. Originally the club rented space in the building, seen in this photograph, from Eliphalet Tibbetts. The building was constructed for Tibbetts in 1886 by George Corey.
Around 1960 the Yacht Club moved from this in-town location to the less congested West Boothbay Harbor, and the building Corey had constructed was converted to motel rooms. As of 2013, it is currently part of the Tugboat Inn.