- Item 82138 - Palmyra Grange Hall, Palmyra, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Palmyra Historical Society
- Item 82138
- 981px x 763px - 3.3"w x 2.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Palmyra Historical Society
The Palmyra Grange was organized November 13, 1893 with F. L. Brown as the first master and 70 charter members. Meetings were held at the town house until building construction was completed in 1896.Show Details
Nearly every family in town belonged to the grange. It contributed much to the welfare of the town by holding fairs with exhibits of animals, vegetables, foods and needlework, educational and literary programs and promotion of music. The grange hall stage was host to many plays and dramas. The building was moved in 2009 and became the residence of a local couple thus preventing the demolition of a historic piece of the past.