- Item 8162 - Southerly Side of Water Street
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 8162
- 4876px x 3001px - 16.3"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
'The brick structure, extensively rebuilt, is now the home of the Skowhegan Trust Company. Tilson H. Dinsmore, whose sign shows on this building, was a prominent citizen of Skowhegan for many years. Fire insurance announcements indicate his activity for quite a part of his business life. The Second National Bank became the Skowhegan Trust Company.Show Details
Building at left bears the sign of J. & J. H. Malbon. They were market men here for a considerable period. A sign not readily deciphered appears to be that of H. B. Stafford, gunsmith. Building farther to the left carries the sign of W. R. G. Estes, who was a clothier in Skowhegan for many years. With Charles F. Ward as his partner, he once occupied the more easterly of the stores in the Coburn Hall Block."
~Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views, 1929