- Item 8157 - Skowhegan Falls from Elm Street, ca. 1880
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 8157
- 4972px x 2924px - 16.6"w x 9.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
This photo shows the Dam on the North Channel of the Kennebec River at Skowhegan. This low dam was used to back up water to operate several water-powered mills located on both banks of the river near Skowhegan Island. It was replaced by a much higher dam for the generation of electricity about 1918. The later dam and generating facillity is named Weston Station and still operates today. (2002)Show Details