- Item 81550 - Portland Water District Casco Street Office, ca. 1964
- Contributed by Portland Water District
- Item 81550
- 11199px x 8719px - 37.3"w x 29.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Portland Water District
The Portland Water District moved its general offices in 1915 to 16 Casco Street, a building formerly occupied by Northeastern Telephone Company. The district needed more office space.Show Details
The building was modified specifically for the Portland Water District. The modifications included a remodel of the front of the building to allow for better natural light and the creation of a trustee meeting space inside the building.
The Portland Water District remained at 16 Casco Street until 1967 when its Douglass Street facility was expanded.