- Item 8152 - North side of Water Street, Skowhegan
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 8152
- 4526px x 3138px - 15.1"w x 10.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
"Picture shows hardware store of J. P. Blunt & Son, in Coburn Hall Block. Must have been taken about 1890. Sign at right is that of Bixby and Buck, who were succeeded by Frank W. Bucknam. At the left two letters of the sign of W. H. Wildes, or White & Wildes, may be seen. They were dry goods dealers.Show Details
In or near the Blunt doorway are Dennis Murphy(at left), J. Wallace Blunt, an unidentified man, Charles Whittier (night watchman for many years) and Eben B. Chase. The last named is still in the same business at the same location, although this structure has in the meantime been replaced by the E. N. Merrill Building.
Everyone is curious to identify the little girl at the right. Let us hope that this may some day be done."
~Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views, 1929