- Item 81442 - Portland Water District Douglass Street Facility, Portland, ca. 1928
- Contributed by Portland Water District
- Item 81442
- 11440px x 8940px - 38.1"w x 29.8"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Portland Water District
This is an exterior photo of Portland Water District's Douglass Street facility from Brighton Avenue taken shortly after its 1928 opening.Show Details
This facility was designed by architects John Calvin Stevens and his son John Howard Stevens. Each section of the facility was designed for a specific purpose. The building wing closest to Brighton Avenue contained the superintendent's office, stock room, lavatory, working space, and emergency sleeping quarters for employees. In the Stevens' building plan, a park was to be constructed in the space between the building and Brighton Avenue.