- Item 81439 - Portland Water District Douglass Street Facility, Portland, ca. 1928
- Contributed by Portland Water District
- Item 81439
- 23577px x 18653px - 78.6"w x 62.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Portland Water District
This is an exterior photo of Portland Water District's Douglass Street facility taken shortly after its 1928 opening.Show Details
This facility was designed by architects John Calvin Stevens and his son John Howard Stevens. The building was constructed by F. A. Rumery Co. of Portland, the copper lanterns on the gates and doors were installed and built by H. N. Blanchard Electric Co. of Portland, and the slate roofing and copper tower were put on by J. E. Brady & Son also of Portland.
This facility included service offices, garage, meter department and warehouse, and replaced the District's Kennebec Street shop.