- Item 8137 - Fisher Blacksmith Shop, ca. 1898
- Contributed by Skowhegan History House
- Item 8137
- 4518px x 3128px - 15.1"w x 10.4"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Skowhegan History House
"Man at extreme left is unidentified. Next come George W. Gould and Frank Estes, both now deceased. Man in leather apron is Jack Shehan. Next to him stands W. G. ("Deck") Fisher, proprietor. The third man from the right is Eddie Pomerleau, who now lives in Bangor. The others are not known. Building at the extreme left is the present Gower Block. Alley has been built in, the structure there now being occupied by Peter Leakos as a shoe shining parlor.Show Details
At the extreme right may be seen a small building, which perhaps was occupied by John McCrillis, shoemaker. On the location of the Fisher blacksmith shop now stands a brick building, occupied by Damase Lafond as a dry goods store. It was at one time a moving picture house."
~Roland T. Patten, Custodian of Historical Views,1929