- Item 81223 - Girls Basketball Team at Monson Academy, Monson, 1924
- Contributed by Monson Historical Society
- Item 81223
- 4648px x 2979px - 15.5"w x 9.9"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Monson Historical Society
The Monson Academy began a girls basketball program in 1924, pictured here. Standing, from left to right, are: Roberta Zimmerman, Ruby Carlson, and Madeline Cowan as manager. Seated in the middle are Margaret Davis, Vivian Carlson, and Manda Mattson. Flanking the three girls seated in the center are Florence Holmstrom (left) and Dorothy Steward (right).Show Details
Girls basketball became a very popular and successful sport at Monson Academy until the schools closure in 1969.