- Item 81084 - Burma District School, Monson, ca. 1880
- Contributed by Monson Historical Society
- Item 81084
- 4158px x 3319px - 13.9"w x 11.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Monson Historical Society
The "old" Burma school, pictured here, was abandoned in 1906 and the building was destroyed and replaced with a new school to accommodate the students in the Burma district. Located on the Blanchard-Monson Road, this section of town was settled mostly by Swedish and Finnish immigrants who farmed and worked in the slate quarries of Monson. The students names and the teacher are unknown.Show Details