- Item 79937 - Rumford Point Ferry, ca. 1930
- Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
- Item 79937
- 4690px x 3011px - 15.6"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
The Rumford Point Ferry connected the towns of Rumford Point and Rumford Corner. Built in 1809, the ferry was the last to operate on the Androscoggin River, ending service when a steel bridge was erected at that location in 1955. The ferry became known as "Kimball's Ferry" for early proprietors Moses F. Kimball and Porter Kimball. The last ferryman was Isaac "Ike" Easter. The ferry shut down when the Martin Bridge was completed in 1955.Show Details
Note the guide line to which the ferry is attached.