- Item 79905 - Bisbee School, Rumford, ca. 1912
- Contributed by Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
- Item 79905
- 4759px x 2986px - 15.9"w x 10.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Greater Rumford Area Historical Society
The Bisbee School, located on Hancock Street, served those families living in the Hancock Street/Waldo Street “flats”areas, was built in 1905. The school was named for George D. Bisbee, a Civil War veteran who had been wounded and served considerable time in a prision camp. This photograph postcard shows the Bisbee School as it appeared around 1912. It closed in 1976 and demolished in 1985 to make way for a housing complex for seniors.Show Details