- Item 79422 - Mexico Baptist Church, ca. 1903
- Contributed by Mexico Historical Society
- Item 79422
- 4834px x 3353px - 16.1"w x 11.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Mexico Historical Society
This postcard of the Mexico Baptist Church shows how the buildings looked around 1903. The Mexico Baptist Church was built on a lot of land located on Roxbury Road next to the Mexico Corner Cemetery. It was purchased from Joshua Hall for $25.Show Details
Lumber was cut and donated by Mr. Daniel Austin on January, 1889, the building was started in May of that year. The first pastor was Reverend Albert Warner who came to Mexico in 1903. As of 2012, three additions have been added to the original Chapel.