- Item 78838 - Packard House and toll bridge, Ridlonville, ca. 1900
- Contributed by Mexico Historical Society
- Item 78838
- 4577px x 3062px - 15.3"w x 10.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Mexico Historical Society
The Packard Rooming House on the left of the photo was built in 1901.Show Details
On the first floor of the Packard Rooming House, Simeon D. Packard established his grocery store on one side, while on the opposite side of the first floor was a dress cutting school. Mr. and Mrs. Kellock opened and operated the dress cutting school, which later became the Post Office for several years during the early part of the century.
George Ridlon was instrumental in choosing the location of the toll bridge in the background. The toll bridge was opened to travel December 28,1893.