- Item 78674 - Channel Lighthouse parade model, Lubec, 1990
- Contributed by Lubec Historical Society
- Item 78674
- 4454px x 3218px - 14.8"w x 10.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Lubec Historical Society
This July 4 parade float commemorates the construction of the Lubec Channel Lighthouse, known as the “Sparkplug,” in 1890. Automated in 1939, the tower itself is 40 feet high, raising the focal plane of the light to 53 feet above average sea level.Show Details
As of 2012 the light and fog signal remain active U.S. Coast Guard aids to navigation. The photograph was taken at “Flatiron Corner” adjacent to Washington Street.