- Item 76459 - Bear Mt. Grange #62, South Waterford, 1920
- Contributed by Waterford Historical Society
- Item 76459
- 4631px x 3164px - 15.4"w x 10.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Waterford Historical Society
Bear Mt. Grange #62 was built as a Universalist Church in 1844 by Nathan Nutting, an Otisfield builder, who also designed two other churches in Waterford. Though not originally built to serve as the Grange hall, this building was sold to Bear Mt. Grange in the 1890s.Show Details
At the time this photograph was taken the South Waterford Elementary School met in two rooms on the first floor.
Mill Hill Road is visible in the background due to the cutting of the forest at the beginning of the twentieth century.