- Item 7225 - Station Bridge between Cornish and West Baldwin
- Contributed by Cornish Historical Society
- Item 7225
- 4683px x 3086px - 15.6"w x 10.3"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Cornish Historical Society
Covered bridge, built in 1898 over the Saco River, between Cornish and West Baldwin. In the view, Cornish is on the left and West Baldwin on the right. This wooden bridge replaced the Hemlock Bridge that was about a quarter of a mile below it (south).Show Details
The Hemlock Bridge was taken out in the flood of spring 1898. Most of the debris ended up on the dam at Steep Falls. The railroad station was on the West Baldwin side, just upriver. It was known as Cornish Station even though it was in West Baldwin. The bridge is known as the Station Bridge.