Item 71788 - Tenants Harbor, ca. 1938
- Item 71788 - Tenants Harbor, ca. 1938
- Contributed by Boston Public Library
- Item 71788
- 3321px x 2085px - 11.1"w x 7.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boston Public Library
Tenants Harbor is a village in the town of St. George. The Tenants Harbor Public Landing, at one time known as Steamboat Pier, is prominent in this postcard image. The landing is used by the town for launching operations but otherwise available for recreational use. The harbor is also home to the Tenants Harbor Boat Yard and Tenants Harbor Light. The lighthouse was built in 1857 to mark the entrance to Tenants Harbor but discontinued in 1934 and later purchased by painter Andrew Wyeth.Show Details
The caption reads, "Tenants Harbor, Maine."
The Tichnor Brothers printing company published this type of postcard circa 1938.