- Item 70282 - Dyar rural school building, Strong, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 70282
- 4586px x 3217px - 15.3"w x 10.7"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Strong Historical Society
Dist.# 1 Dyar School building served as classroom for the children of the southern portion of Strong, on the west side of Sandy River, until the late 1890s. It was located across from the present-day Ladd farm on the road to Farmington.Show Details
After the district system of rural education was abolished, this building was boarded-up and soon fell into disrepair. However, remnants of the building were still visible well into the 1960s.