- Item 69489 - Daggett Bros. Store, Strong, ca. 1880
- Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 69489
- 4466px x 3306px - 14.9"w x 11.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Strong Historical Society
Albert L. Daggett (1827-1916) and his brother, Washington L. Daggett (1835-1910) owned and operated this store from the 1870s until 1908. They sold groceries and provisions.Show Details
In 1886 the main portion of the store burned due to overheated oil lamps left burning in the upstairs meeting hall. A bucket brigade from the stream behind the store saved the north end of the building. Much of the stock was also saved and stored in the church across the street.
The store was rebuilt as a single story building and has been operated by several owners. It still serves the town as Beal's General Store.