Item 68870 - Lower part of Scarborough, ca. 1740
- Item 68870 - Lower part of Scarborough, ca. 1740
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 68870
- 8050px x 6636px - 26.8"w x 22.1"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society
This 1740 map of the Prouts Neck area of Scarborough shows the "patent claimed by Mr. Prout." Illustrations of houses are included, with house and landowners' names. The Meeting House at Black Point is drawn in, and is a decorative ship.Show Details
This area was then known as Black Point.
The map covers what is now Winnock's Neck to the Spurwink River.