Item 66465 - B. H. Bartol Library, Freeport, ca. 1938
- Item 66465 - B. H. Bartol Library, Freeport, ca. 1938
- Contributed by Boston Public Library
- Item 66465
- 3342px x 2113px - 11.1"w x 7.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Boston Public Library
Portland architect George Burnham designed the B.H. Bartol Library, and the Andrew Carnegie Foundation funded the construction of this Classical Revival style building in 1906.Show Details
The library was named for benefactor Barnabas Henry Bartol (1816-1888), a Freeport native and accomplished engineer.
The B.H. Bartol library closed in 1997 when the town of Freeport built a new library slightly away from the downtown area. The building later became a retail store.