- Item 63735 - Tracks near Forsters Toothpick millyard, Strong, ca. 1910
- Contributed by Strong Historical Society
- Item 63735
- 4828px x 2863px - 16.1"w x 9.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Strong Historical Society
The narrow gauge tracks of the Franklin and Megantic Railroad ran easterly from the Strong station, behind Forsters Toothpick mill, then northerly through the mill yard. North of the mill yard the tracks crossed Vine Street on the way to Freeman, Salem and Kingfield.Show Details
In this view the buildings on Vine Street from left to right are the Methodist Church, Stubbs' barn, the J. H. Norton home, the Ed Howard home and the railroad maintenance shed. In the distance at far right is the Jesse Phillips home at the north end of High Street.