Item 61895 - Federal Courthouse, Portland, 1911
- Item 61895 - Federal Courthouse, Portland, 1911
- Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
- Item 61895
- 4556px x 3313px - 15.2"w x 11.0"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
The Federal courthouse building in Portland on the corners of Market and Federal streets was designed by James Knox Taylor.Show Details
Completed in 1911, the building is still in use by the U.S. District Court for the District of Maine. It was renamed the Edward Thaxter Gignoux United States Courthouse in 1988.